- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
I started realizing in action how our ego is the actual culprit for our suffering. I was observing how a small constructive discussion in the family developed into a near altercation and made several people observing also suffer to a degree.. The one who is making a suggestion is desirous of providing a solution to a perceived problem.
If one digs a step deeper, it will be realized that somewhere along the way, for the person making the suggestion, the core driving force was the satisfaction to be derived by contributing the solution. We get satisfaction from being part of the solution.
The "us" in it is the ego. If there were a take-or-leave-it approach, then there would be no attachment to the advice. There is no ego, no self. When the receiver takes the idea to be considered and abandon it for valid or perceived reasoning, then there is no ego. When the receiver counters like, "Do you think I did not get the idea myself?", that's where the ego is exhibiting its presence.
It's hard, but if I can think without a "me" in it, much of the suffering we have would perhaps not arise! Yes, it's hard, but perhaps not impossible if we persue.
Comments