Impact of Suspending Exercise for a Week


With my son, Sisir wanting to spend a week from his vacation to India at Srinagar, Kashmir, my hard-developed habit of daily cycling for two and half hours  had gone into hibernation. Hopefully I am resuming today. But what was the impact?

  1. I was able to keep up with the hard developed habit of waking up at 4 am even if I had nothing to do in a houseboat at a pitch-dark Dal Lake. What made it hard to wake up early today was the two days of interruption since returning home and going to bed too late.

  2. My body got a respite from the daily pushing and saddle sores from long cycling. It did not make me any less fit now. After all, Sisir and I did have some hard workouts through rough trekking in mountains.

So what are the two conclusions from my experience?

Returning back to exercise and daily workouts don't seem hard. But even one or two days of affecting sleep schedule appears harder to catch up! 😟

Comments