Food Finds Us



It is amazing how food finds me even if I didn't asked for it specifically. God knows how to keep His children away from starving. Last night I was a bit concerned of what I would eat today.

I did not have any stock of fruits. I know that me being a mostly raw food diet person, I should go out, and stock up on fruits from the market. But I was lazy. As always! I thought I would go and get some in the morning, or somehow manage magically. 

I usually need something badly at least for the first meal of the day. This would be a little after the second coffee in the morning. Perhaps I could make some chia pudding, and leave it overnight in the refrigerator so it would be ready by morning. But I was lazy and didn't make any before I hit the bed last night. This is how the day goes. All problems solved! 

My wife and and I were returning home from our morning walk with our dog, Nero. She asks the security guy if he had some watermelons he could sell to us. I didn'tt even tell my wife that I did not have any stock of fruits. Sure enough, the security guy did have a few. They were not necessarily good but adequate to kill my hunger for the day. I didn't even carry my phone to pay him. I noted his number on Apple Watch assuring to pay off after reaching him, which I did. 

On reaching home, I see a few biscuits on the dining table, inviting me lusciously. Being a cooked version food. I don't eat them in great deal, but wouldn't mind a handful. So there go a few gulping through my mouth through the stomach, even before I really needed anything before the coffee. And now I have the watermelons although tiny ones, two of them ready to be cut any time I needed.

It then occurred to me that it was several months since I had some chocolate smoothie. So here I am making some with cashews, dates, frozen bananas, and French Vanilla essence for the fun factor. I made some extra quantity to go into the refrigerator for a second serving later. It was then that I saw the groceries my wife ordered last night were already delivered. And they included a dozen of the small variety bananas. I ate four of them. Hey, they were tiny any way. A few minutes later I had the urge to eat something. I ate a few wonderful sweet dates. By that time it's late afternoon anyway, and so should be having my evening coffee soon. I still have the left over from the chocolate milkshake, in the refrigerator. Nott counting the bananas I had left, I made some chia pudding in the morning so it would be ready by, and for, a late afternoon meal.

And now I don't see the need for the stocked up bananas, or the chia pudding. My hunger fangs are mostly satisfied by sunset. I usually don't need to eat anything after that. Sunset is almost around the corner in just a couple of hours. Looks like I may not need any more food for the day. 

That's how God arranges food for me, even if I didn't ask. Wow! What an amazing world! Everything is taken care of in this world. Why worry?

Comments

Popular Posts